Thursday, April 12, 2012

So... that was then. This is now.

It's been a couple years since I've tried keeping up with my blog. It's a hassle sometimes, and I never really feel like anybody wants to read my stupid ramblings. That is why I've decided to ramble less and cook more.

I'll quickly update you on my life. The last year sucked! I tried really hard to make the most of it and be optimistic, but it still sucked! Oh well, that is over now and so much has changed in the past few months. Things are really great right now and continue to get better.

First of all, I moved. It was not an easy move, but quite necessary. I am living in Oregon now and absolutely loving it! It is beautiful here! There are so many things to do all the time. It is a big outdoorsy city, and I'm already getting excited about all of the things I want to do and see. It's very exciting for me!

The Carnivore and I have new jobs, and we both like them a lot. I would like to start cooking professionally again or teaching or both, but right now I am a waitress and that is good enough for me. The move was quite expensive, and we have both been in recoup mode. So this works for now.

The kids are awesome! My daughter is already Miss Popularity in her new school. My son will be in Kindergarten in the fall. And, oh man! Am I excited to have my days back?! It's nice to spend all day, everyday with my son... but it's time for him to get around some other kids and start being a bit independent. He's ready for it too. He's such a smart little fella'!

So that's about it. I've got a fresh start and I'm ready to make the most of it. This will be one of my last lengthy, boring posts. Now it's time to get creative with my blog and really enjoy it. That was then, this is now. Let's make something fun!

Peace!
 - Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment