Friday, November 5, 2010

My Very First Post!

I'll be perfectly honest. I'm not exactly the blogging type. I don't journal, and I generally like to keep to myself. I'm unbelievably modest, and and I lack the general confidence it takes to do normal people things like leave my home or have close friends. So, for the most part, I don't. That is why I decided to blog.
I need to have a place to be me. I need to be more accountable, and I want to be creative. I was a very creative person once. But lately that side of me has been on life support, and I want it back.

My new obsession is good health. On New Years Day, 2009, I stepped on the scale. I'm not going to lie. I actually fainted. I knew that I had put on a few pounds since having my kids, but I had no idea it would be 100 pounds. Worst of all (and that's pretty bad) I had NO respect for myself anymore. That day I made a change in my life. At first I made a small change. But then it started to become more important to me. Now I am dedicated to doing whatever I can to make my health my number 1 priority. I want to stand out. I want to rise above. I want to be a role model.

So far, in not quite 2 years, I have lost 90 pounds. It's been frustratingly slow but I am evolving. I am becoming the person that I always wanted to be. And the best thing is that every day I get a new chance to do better than the day before. The more I do, the more I want to do. The more I learn, the more I want to learn. The more I share, the more I want to share.

So this is me! And for the first time in my life I am doing it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment